Scheepswerf Van Laar/Van Laar Maritime
1976 BV IJmuiden
branches: Logistic service, forwarding, warehousing, Logistics
Van Laar (Maritime) was founded in 1925. Jacobus van Laar (1894) purchased a fishery supply store in IJmuiden, the Netherlands. This store was called â€œde Kleine Storesâ€ (Small Stores) and taken over by Jacobusâ€™ son Paul Sr. (1914).
In 1965 Paul Sr. bought, together with his son Koos (1943), two trawlers and started a sport fishing business calledÂ â€œSportvisserij IJmondâ€.
In the early 80â€™s they also started â€œVan Laar Visserijkettingâ€ a trading business in chains for use in the fishing industry. These days â€œVan Laar Visserijkettingâ€ is Europeâ€™s largest supplier for chains in this sector.
Sport fishing activities ended in 2005.Â By this time the two sport fishing vessels where completely rebuild for guard duties in the offshore industry.
TodayÂ â€œVan Laar Maritimeâ€ owns and operates 30 guard-, chase- and support vessels worldwide.
In 2004 Van LaarÂ enquiredÂ a slipway facility for the maintenance of vessels up to 1500 tonnes and 70 mtrs. This company is called â€œScheepswerf van Laarâ€ (Van Laar Shipyard).